Aluminum die-casting is one of the technologies for die-casting parts. It uses a mechanical die-casting machine equipped with a casting mold to pour the heated liquid aluminum or aluminum alloy into the inlet of the die-casting machine. The die-casting machine is die-casted and the mold is cast out.
Die casting is to injects molten metal under high pressure and high speed, which can manufacture thin-walled parts with complex shapes. Examples are communication filters, medical equipment, central control dashboards, motor boxes, steering systems, notebook computer shells, dual-cavity filters, and other components.
Advantages of aluminum die casting applications:
(1) Metal parts with complex shapes, clear outlines, thin-walled deep cavities can be manufactured. Because molten metal maintains high fluidity under high pressure and high speed, it is possible to obtain metal parts that are difficult to process by other processing methods.
(2) The dimensional accuracy of die castings is relatively high, up to IT11-13, sometimes up to IT9, the surface roughness reaches Ra0.8-3.2um, and the interchangeability is good.
(3) High material utilization rate. Due to the high precision of die-casting parts, they can be assembled and used only after a small amount of mechanical processing, and some die-casting parts can be directly assembled and used. The material utilization rate is about 60%-80%, and the blank utilization rate reaches 90%.
(4) High production efficiency. Due to the high-speed filling, the filling time is short, the metal industry solidifies rapidly, and the die-casting operation cycle speed is fast. Among various casting processes, the die-casting method has higher productivity and is suitable for mass production.
(5) Easy to use inserts. It is easy to set a positioning mechanism on the die-casting mold, which is convenient for insert-casting inserts.